Dental Implants Near You
When are Dental Implants Required?
What are the Benefits of Receiving Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an excellent option to replace missing teeth. They provide numerous benefits, some of which include:
- They improve your oral health
- They prevent your remaining teeth from shifting
- They feel very similar to your natural teeth
- They look natural
- They improve your confidence
- They improve your ability to eat, chew, and speak
- They are long-lasting
- They are durable
- They prevent your jaw bone from deteriorating
Dental implants will require at least a few months to complete. While they take much longer than other dental restorations, they will provide you with durable and stronger results. After our dentist has determined you are an ideal candidate, we will surgically place a biocompatible screw into your jaw bone. Over the course of the next few months, the screw will fuse with your body through a process called osseointegration. This allows your implant to feel very similar to your natural teeth. Once this process has been completed, we will permanently place the crown to replace your tooth.
How to Maintain Your Dental Implants
Dental implants are a long-lasting solution that can last for many, many years. It’s important to care for your implant the same way you would care for your natural teeth. The following are tips to care for your new implants:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Floss daily
- Avoid foods that can damage your implant
- Rinse after each meal
- Take time to clean around your implant
- Receive frequent dental cleanings and checkups